Step-by-Step Wash Day (Hair Edition)
Pre-poo provides a protective layer to your hair that avoids moisture strips from the shampoo.
- Section your hair into 4-8 parts
- Apply conditioner and/or oil throughout the sections
- Detangle sections with fingers or wide-toothed comb & twist.
- Cover head for up to 30 minutes or overnight (optional)
- Rinse hair thoroughly
Shampoo captures excess oil, dirt, and product residue/buildup.
- Always use sulfate and paraben-free shampoo!
- Apply and massage the shampoo onto your scalp. (It promotes blood flow and hair growth)
- Focus on your roots. (Applying on the ends will only get them dry.)
- Do not detangle hair during this step.
- Rinse hair with warm water
- Only apply shampoo 1-2 times to clean the hair.
Conditioners smooth and detangle the hair, which helps reduce breakage and split ends.
- Always use sulfate and paraben-free conditioner!
- Apply GENEROUSLY and focus on your ends (avoid your scalp)
- Start to detangle your hair with a wide-tooth comb or detangling brush
- Rinse hair thoroughly.
Deep-conditioning helps improve your hair's moisture content and keeps it hydrated, reducing damages and breakage.
- This is an optional hydrating treatment
- Apply generously on each section and put on a conditioner cap for at-least 30-45mins (You can use heat for better penetration).
- Rinse out with cold water
Moisturized hair is more elastic, less prone to breakage, and less prone to tangles. This will all help you retain length as your hair grows.
- Use the LOC / LCO methods (depending on your hair porosity.
Lastly, put your hair in a protective hairstyle!